Phoenix Court Front of House Apprentice
Phoenix Court is a new members club based in St Pancras & Somers Town. It’s a place where people who are building the organisations of the future can meet other like minds. It’s the first choice for meetings, a few hours of work, bumping into people and inspiring events.
You will be enrolled on a Business Associate Apprenticeship Scheme. The job is open to all ages, and you should only apply if you are a Camden resident (preferably from Somers Town and Regents Park Estate).
Working Hours are 5 days per week. Applicant must be flexible, core hours are currently between 8-5.30 or 9-6.30pm, which may change as we grow. Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening events.
What you will do as part of our team:
The Front of house will give you the opportunity to be the welcoming face and is an integral and crucial part of the day-to-day success of our space. You will play a key part of our operational team and work very closely with the General Manager to ensure we deliver a first class service to our members. We are looking for someone to help manage and coordinate our space and our events, and also help to promote our community values. This is an exciting and dynamic role where no two days are the same.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the General Manager in the day to day running of the members club
- Assisting members so they receive a world-class welcome and excellent customer experience
- Learning how and then assisting with meeting room bookings
- Ensuring the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy including refrigerator and dishwashers
- Ensuring the kitchen is stocked with appropriate refreshments
- Ensuring the meeting rooms are stocked with refreshment supplies and the beverage machines are in order
- After training, booking meeting rooms on behalf of members and ensuring that member meeting requirements are documented to include AV, food and beverage, room layout, special requests etc
- Assisting the General Manager with planning and setting up the space ready for events
- With training, support and experience to be able to assist with brand management and product vision
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the business, it values and core aims
- To carry out such duties as may be required by your supervisor as appropriate to the post
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship qualification
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- IT proficient
- Experience of prioritising workload in a work or a social/personal environment
- Experience of drafting and typing correspondence in a work or a social/personal environment
- Ability to communicate well in writing, in person and on the phone
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, building relationships and offering support to colleagues as required.
- A passion for entrepreneurial communities and supporting startup businesses
- Front of house or reception experience
- Experience in facilities and/or office administration
- Motivated to learn and develop beyond the role.
- Salary: £21 - £24k per year (£1460 - £1600 per month)
- Contract length: 15 months
- Hours: Working Hours are 5 days per week. (approx..40 hours) Applicant must be flexible, core hours are currently between 8-5.30 or 9-6.30pm, which may change as we grow. Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening events
- Break: You will have a 1 hour lunch break each day
- Qualification: Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration, as part of this you will have to complete 20% off the job learning each week within your working hours
- Based: Phoenix Court, 2 Brill Place, NW1 1DX
- Application deadline: Midnight on Sunday 30 June 2019
- Employer interview: W/C 8 July 2019
- Work trial: W/C 15 July 2019
- Start date: August 2019