LocalGlobe & Latitude Associate Programme
The LocalGlobe & Latitude Associate Programme is a two year-long rotational programme covering both venture investing and tech startups. It’s a way to learn on the job, doing real work in organisations, while at the same time going through an intensive learning programme with a community of like-minded professionals.
Who are we?
We support today’s most ambitious founders and their teams in their journey to build businesses that impact the lives of millions of people in a positive and fulfilling way. We are made up of: LocalGlobe (a Seed fund), Latitude (a Series B+ fund), and Phoenix Court (a membership club for founders)
We are based in London’s Kings Cross - one of the world’s top emerging hubs for world-class technology companies. Since 1999 we have developed a unique approach to backing and supporting remarkable founders in building their businesses from seed stage to exit and IPO.
LocalGlobe is starting to invest out of our 10th seed fund, having honed our culture and open approach over many years as we’ve built businesses, made investments, sat on boards and learnt from some of the world’s best early stage investors. Most importantly, we have had the privilege of working with more than 150 amazing teams building companies like Citymapper, Improbable, Transferwise and Zoopla (LSE).
Latitude was founded in 2019 as a new fund, brand and team focused on series B+ investing. Latitude builds on LocalGlobe’s strong position in the European tech ecosystem, investing both from the LocalGlobe portfolio as well as more widely. Latitude is culturally and operationally closely aligned to LocalGlobe with a high degree of collaboration across teams.
What we want you to feel
- You will be a full member of the team with access and benefits that reflect this
- You will experience all aspects of our business as well as time at a portfolio company
What will you do as part of our team?
- Observe and participate in all key weekly meetings (dealflow, investment committees)
- Observe and participate in all quarterly reviews (operations, portfolio)
- Support Partners in the project management of programmes they are leading
- Support Partners gaining practical experience across all core areas of operating a venture business
- Lead and deliver specific projects
Who you will work with
- LocalGlobe and Latitude teams
- Over 200 amazing founders and their teams
- Experts in their field, from diverse geographies, sectors and backgrounds
Placements: you will work in at least three different organisations over the course of the two years and get direct hands on experience of how both seed and early stage venture works as well as practical experience inside a portfolio company.
- LocalGlobe (6 months)
- Latitude (6 months)
- Portfolio Company (6-12 months)
What key behaviours are we looking for?
- We are comfortable taking risks - not just in backing founders capable of making outsized returns but in the markets we invest in and the way we operate our business
- We play total football - which means we want team players who can recognise, value and add to the different, critical skills and contributions of every member of our team
- We like to behave and think like entrepreneurs - to help founders build world-class businesses, we need team members who don’t just make investments, they show they want to build the best possible business to support those investments
- We like to take leadership positions - we look for people able to show passion, conviction, empathy and are able to communicate clearly
- We never forget we are the support team - to founders, to our colleagues and the ecosystem where we work and invest
- 2-7 years work experience
- No particular set of prior experience is required, we’re open to candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: technology, startups, research, creative industries, professional services.
Sponsored Tier 2 UK visa available
- Competitive salary plus carry and profit share
- A package worth 7% of each employee’s base salary.
- Sick Pay, Critical Illness & Life Insurance
- Python course: A flexible 6 month course with Codecademy Pro
- Cycle to work scheme
- TEDS premier nursery benefit
What can you expect from your new teammates?
- Passion and enthusiasm for finding and supporting the founders who can surf the biggest waves changing the world that we live in today
- Strong conviction that London and other emerging hubs can support these founders in creating world-class technology companies
- Relevant insight and expertise from working at outstanding technology companies, fast-growing startups, leading early stage investors or other equivalent experience
- Availability - to team, stakeholders, and most of all to family
If you’re interested in joining the team, you can apply here ---->
The deadline for applications is 15th July. We’ll have phone calls with applicants in late July and then meet a smaller number in August. We expect the process to be finished in September and candidates should be available to start work in October.