LocalGlobe & Latitude Finance Partner
We are looking for an exceptional Finance professional to join our team at LocalGlobe! This is our first investment into a professional in-house finance role and hence the successful candidate will be involved across all financial aspects of the firm, as well as being expected to contribute to the wider decisions and partnership discussions. It’s a great opportunity to join a leading fund as it grows and develops and we expect over time the successful candidate will help shape the finance function over the coming years.
Who are we?
We support today’s most ambitious founders and their teams in their journey to build businesses that impact the lives of millions of people in a positive and fulfilling way. We are made up of: LocalGlobe (a Seed fund), Latitude (a Series B+ fund), and Phoenix Court (a membership club for founders)
We are based in London’s Kings Cross - one of the world’s top emerging hubs for world-class technology companies. Since 1999 we have developed a unique approach to backing and supporting remarkable founders in building their businesses from seed stage to exit and IPO.
LocalGlobe is starting to invest out of our 10th seed fund, having honed our culture and open approach over many years as we’ve built businesses, made investments, sat on boards and learnt from some of the world’s best early stage investors. Most importantly, we have had the privilege of working with more than 150 amazing teams building companies like Citymapper, Improbable, Transferwise and Zoopla (LSE).
Latitude was founded in 2019 as a new fund, brand and team focused on series B+ investing. Latitude builds on LocalGlobe’s strong position in the European tech ecosystem, investing both from the LocalGlobe portfolio as well as more widely. Latitude is culturally and operationally closely aligned to LocalGlobe with a high degree of collaboration across teams.
What you will do as part of our team:
- Set and maintain budgets, forecasts & cash forecasts
- Oversee aspects of fund administration
- Oversee the day to day accounts, utilising the Xero system
- Deliver monthly accounts
- Set our accounting policy, tax allowances, capital allowances etc
- Prepare year end accounts and annual return to companies house
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- Prepare quarterly reports for LPs, in tandem with our fund administrator
- Oversee aspects of HR administration
- Provide support to LocalGlobe portfolio companies, setting finance frameworks and helping with cash management
What you can expect from your new teammates:
- Passion and enthusiasm for finding and supporting the founders who can surf the biggest waves changing the world that we live in today
- Strong conviction that London and other emerging hubs can support these founders in creating world-class technology companies
- Relevant insight and expertise from time spent working at iconic technology companies, fast-growing startups, leading early stage investors or other equivalent experience
- Availability - to team, customers, stakeholders - and most of all to family
We try and maintain a strong and open culture. These are some of the key behaviours we look for:
- We are comfortable taking risks - not just in backing founders capable of making outsized returns but in the markets we invest in and the way we operate our business
- We play total football - which means we want team players who can recognise, value and add to the different, critical skills and contributions of every member of our team
- We like to behave and think like entrepreneurs - to help founders build world-class businesses, we need team members who don’t just make investments, they show they want to build the best possible business to support those investments
- We like to take leadership positions - we look for people able to show passion, conviction, empathy and are able to communicate clearly
- We never forget we are the support team - to founders, to our colleagues and the ecosystem where we work and invest
- You are happy to “muck in” initially, providing an assessment of what’s currently being done and suggestion actions to improve our financial processes
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience, post qualification, in a financial roles, such as a fund manager, an accountancy firm, or a senior finance manager in a fast growing startup.
Sponsored Tier 2 UK visa available
- Competitive salary plus carry and profit share
- A package worth 7% of each employee’s base salary.
- Sick Pay, Critical Illness & Life Insurance
- Parental leave (for all) of 5 months fully paid, which can be taken any time within the first two years following the child's birth. To be clear, these 5 months don't have to be taken consecutively
- Python course: A flexible 6 month course with Codecademy Pro
- Cycle to work scheme
- TEDS premier nursery benefit
If you’re interested in joining the team, you can apply here ---->
The deadline for applications is 30th June. We’ll have phone calls with applicants in late July and then meet a smaller number in August. We expect the process to be finished in September and candidates should be available to start work in October.