LocalGlobe & Latitude Technology Partner
Who we are
- LocalGlobe is a venture capital firm focused on investing in ambitious startups at seed stage - their very early days, often pre product. Since 1999 we’ve had the privilege of backing and supporting more than 150 amazing teams building companies like TransferWise, Citymapper, Improbable, and Zoopla (LSE).
- This year we've also launched Latitude - a new fund, brand and team focused on series B+ investing. Latitude builds on LocalGlobe’s strong position in the European tech ecosystem, investing both from the LocalGlobe portfolio as well as more widely. Latitude is culturally and operationally closely aligned to LocalGlobe with a high degree of collaboration across teams.
- We’re based in London’s Kings Cross - one of the world’s top emerging hubs for world-class technology companies.
- We are looking to add a Partner-level team member to build internal products, support our investment process, and provide technical guidance to our portfolio companies.
- The ideal candidate would be an experienced full-stack software developer with an analytical product mindset, and demonstrated record in owning and delivering projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- As a member of our close, diverse, multi-generational team, you will have a key role in further developing our unique approach to supporting outstanding founders at seed stage.
You will be responsible for
- Building internal products to support our investment process and our engagement with portfolio companies as well as with our broader community
- Advising active portfolio companies on tech strategy, processes, skills, etc.
- Hiring and managing external contractors to support product development as needed
You’ll also have the opportunity to
- Immerse yourself in our investment process from the weekly dealflow meetings to the final investment decisions
- Get involved in all aspects of portfolio and fund operations
- Contribute to building impactful local technology and innovation ecosystems in Camden, London, the UK and beyond
What you can expect from your new teammates
- An open, engaged, collaborative and supportive environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for finding and supporting the founders who can surf the biggest waves changing the world that we live in today
- Strong conviction that London and other emerging hubs can support these founders in creating world-class technology companies
What key behaviours we are looking for
- We are comfortable taking risks - not just in backing founders capable of making outsized returns, but in the markets we invest in and the way we operate our business
- We play total football - which means we want team players who can recognise, value and add to the different, critical skills and contributions of every member of our team
- We behave and think like entrepreneurs - to help founders build world-class businesses, we need team members who don’t just make investments, but aim to build the best possible business to support those investments
- We look for leaders - people with passion, conviction, empathy and strong communication skills
- We never forget that we are the support team - to founders, to our colleagues and the startup ecosystem
Key requirements (even if you meet only some of these - apply anyway!)
- 5-7 years of full-stack development experience with an analytical product mindset
- Experience owning and delivering projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience writing object-oriented code, preferably in Python and Go
- Experience with SQL and database management systems
- Experience with bash scripting and command-line tools
- Familiarity with Docker containerisation and virtual environments
Sponsored Tier 2 UK visa available
- Competitive salary plus carry and profit share
- A package worth 7% of each employee’s base salary
- Sick pay, critical illness and life insurance
- Parental leave (for all) of 5 months fully paid, which can be taken any time within the first two years following the child's birth. To be clear, these 5 months don't have to be taken consecutively
- Guaranteed fellowship with Faculty AI to acquire in-demand AI skills and data science tools by learning from top experts and alongside outstanding talent
- Cycle to work scheme
- TEDS premier nursery benefits